March 25, 2008

link: Paper Pleasing Ideas - No Copics ?? NO PROBLEM !!

although you wouldn't know it from my entries, over the last few months i've started to fall deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole that is rubber stamping... i'm positively obsessed with stamping, reading about stamping techniques, trolling SCS for card making ideas, maintaining a detailed inventory and spending ridiculous amounts on insanely cute Stampin' Up sets...

one tangent of my obsession has been colouring my images... i've read lots about it and even tried a few techniques (water colour pencils, pastels, using my SU ink pads and an aqua pen), but i haven't found a method i love yet...

the one technique that i was struggling with was water colour markers, such as SU's Many Marvelous Markers set... i had seen some demos with the markers and i wasn't impressed with their ease of use... in fact, i had ruled out buying a set, even though i really wanted to use them for inking and they coordinate with the rest of SU's line, because i just couldn't justify the cost for something i wasn't going to use for colouring images...

until now...

i stumbled across Paper Pleasing Ideas and an amazing tutorial on how to get the look of more expensive water colour markers... more importantly, it shows you step-by-step how to use the markers to get "the look" (aka: the lead pencil and mineral spirit technique) that is so popular right now in the stamping world... great job, Julie!

photo credit: Julie @ Paper Pleasing Ideas


Julie just posted a video to go along with her previous tutorial... you can watch it here...

i have a feeling my next order will have a set of Many Marvelous Markers included...

1 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks for linking me the Tutorial! I decided after reading her tutorial that the markers are going to be on my next order. I really think these are the way I want to colour my images. The next step will be mastering the technique! hah