January 12, 2008

Beige Twisted Purl Dishcloths

Started: January 3, 2008
Finished: January 6, 2008
Made For: my family
Pattern: Springtime Dishcloth from I Live On A Farm
Modifications: i only CO 40 stitches
Materials: 2 balls of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Softy Taupe
Tools: Size 8 knitting needles
Cost: $1.59/skein
Would I Do It Again? yes
Notes / Comments: this is my first knitting project in 3 or 4 years, so i wanted a gentle reintroduction and i was bored of making scarves (which all my other knitting projects have been)... what's the next easiest? dishcloths, of course...

i didn't want to use a simple knit/purl pattern... after a few minutes searching Google i came across this great pattern from I Live On A Farm... once you get a hang of the twisted purl stitch, it's actually very easy...

as you can see from the photos, the size of the cloths varied greatly as i got use to maintaining the same tension throughout... the cloth on the far right (second picture) was my third cloth and is a little smaller than the other two... i managed to get 3 cloths out of 2 skeins, but i'm sure i could squeeze 4 out if i had the same tension on the first two that i had on the last one... they're also a little misshapen and i could block them, i suppose, but why bother since i'm just going to use them to wash my dishes...

0 comments: